When a user attempts to lodge a Safety Report, however the Report Type drop-down list is empty.
When a user attempts to view a Safety Report via the Browse Register and they unable to see any reports.
The ability to View and Lodge Safety Reports is a two-tiered access level process. Firstly you need to assign the access in their profile and then define which Report Types they can View/Lodge.
Follow the below steps to setup the Safety Report access for a user:
- Navigate to the users profile and click on Access Levels from the left hand side menu
- Search for the Safety Reports section (see below):
- The Modify Self access level is the ability to lodge Safety Reports
- The View Self access level allows the user to see their own reports once they have been lodged
- The View All or View Selection access levels allow the user to see Safety Reports that are submitted by users other than themselves
- Now the access has been assigned in their profile, navigate to Safety > Setup > Safety Options from the top menu pane
- Click on the Report Type in question from the top blue pane (see below):
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you get to the Access Levels section (see below):
- To provide View access to Safety Reports of this type, tick the users name in the View Report Access tree on the left hand side
- Note only users who have the View Selection or View All access levels will appear in this tree
- To provide Lodge access to Safety Reports of this type, tick the users name in the Lodge Report Access tree on the right hand side
- Note only users who have the Modify Self access level will appear in this tree
- Click the Save button on the right hand side to confirm your changes
- You will need to repeat the above steps 7 - 11 for each Report Type you wish to assign access to the user
- The two tiered access level approach to Safety Reports allows you to control which Report Types users can and cannot View / Lodge.
- You will need the Safety Administration access level to perform steps 7 - 11.